Thursday, May 28. 2009
By popular demand, here's more material from the Silk scarf/latex session. 'nuf said.
Nelly Furtado — Maneater
Friday, May 22. 2009
As announced in the last installment, this time it's about the grim meathook future where it's all about sleep. Or well, that's how the props worked out. In fact, the original concept had a riding crop instead of Iustitia's sword, but wouldn't you know it, there wasn't a crop to be found in the building, and the ostrich feather that was used instead never made it into the final selection. But yeah, it seems a fair enough superheroine concept,
Lady Justice, sort of a mix of Iustitia, the Judge from B:TAS, and not a touch of Lady Death!
Black silk scarf.
Ye olde sex shoppe — or pretty much anywhere, really.
- Silk! More pleasant to the touch than most other solutions, even in warm weather.
- Versatile. The more layers you fold in, the higher the opacity.
- One size fits most.
- If your nose tentpoles enough for light to get it, you can simply fold one or two extra layers to include the entirety of it into your little world of darkness. No nose too large, no nose too small!
- Soft for a snug fit; likely won't move when you turn your head on the pillow.
- A good choice even if you're on a budget.
- The knot has to go somewhere, and we don't mean "in front," so there's always one side — left, right, or back of the head — that you can't rest on, and chances are that as soon as you've literally tied the knot, that's how you want to rest.
- If you do this while drunk, you might end up tieing your hair into the knot.
Tuesday, August 28. 2007
This article is broken in that it is about mystical unicorn porn. That is, it bends over backwards to give porn-users a "fair shake" in that it is about porn that is not obviously degrading, vulgar, or gross, and I'm not sure such material even exists (aside from that fact that if it does, it by some definitions would not count as pornography in the first place). Hence this article needs work. It might also go away until these issues are rectified. Until then, I suggest you go read something else — there's got to be at least one good article on this log — or, if you wish to stick with the topic, you may wish to read about pornography elsewhere.
Continue reading "Porn"
Way back when I wrote a paper called Pretty in Pain
"Rape culture, by any other name —"
You'll have to excuse the style; it was one of the first things I wrote at university, and went online because it predated the plethora of much better papers you'll find nowadays by several years.) Anyway. Back then I mentioned to some people that I'd love to ultimately write a treatment on porn, but given that "both sides" had studies and treatises and what-not, it would take quite some time to do the research — time I sadly didn't have. It's been years, and I still haven't found the time. And perhaps more importantly, better researchers and more insightful people than I am have. So I'll offer a — by now terribly biased — opinion instead.